How do I find the studs behind plaster walls? Forum
Follow our sleuth in Photos 1 – 8 to help deduce the hidden structure lurking behind your walls and learn how to find studs. Most of the ideas shown here not only work on drywalled surfaces but also in older homes finished with plaster and lath (where electronic stud finders tend to work poorly).... 23/12/2011 · Update: I found out that behind the 3/4 inch wood panels are one inch horizontal wood strips that are attached to a drywall. I am assuming the drywalls have studs. I guess the studfinder has to deal with a 1-1.5 inch gap between the inside of the wood panel and the actual stud, maybe thats why its in accurate and I cannot use that anymore ? Anyways, all suggestions welcome.
How to find studs behind wallls?????? Yahoo Answers
One of the easiest ways to find wall studs is with an electronic stud finder. A stud finder works best on drywall, but may have a little difficulty with older lath and plaster walls. An electronic stud finder is a battery operated, handheld device that you run lightly over the wall. It will light up or beep or both when it locates a stud. Once the stud is found, move the stud finder back and...These are straightforward to fit as the wall mounting plates are usually vertical in design can be screwed straight through the plasterboard and into one of the vertical wooden studs behind. To find the stud see the section below or locally reinforce the wall, again covered below.
How to find studs behind wallls?????? Yahoo Answers
Finding the locations of wall studs when installing cabinets is vitally important. I am going to review a few of the most popular methods that cabinet installers use to locate where these steel or two-by-four (2?4) wood supports are hiding behind drywall. how to get your eyebrows waxed I used a stud finder to find a vertical stud in the wall (3 inches across), but when I drilled it went in an inch before encountering a hard surface. Definitely not wood. I applied pressure and drilled, and it finally "broke through" in a matter of seconds, and it felt like there was nothing behind that.. How to find the torch on samsung s5
How to find studs behind wood paneling ? (fireplace
- Finding Wall Studs DIY Extra â€“ DIY Guides
- How to Find a Wood Stud in a Wall to Hang Pictures On 14
- Alternative to Stud Finders Ask the Builder
- How to Find a Stud Behind Ceramic Tile The Spruce
When I find cool tools I instantly share them. So last weekend I was doing some work in our bathroom. Installing a pedestal sink to be precise. I thought I found the stud locations but apparently my stud finder was asleep at the wheel.
- I do have a battery operated stud finder-but found it was only confused by my wood lath backing for the plaster. Maybe it was a cheap finder who knows. Listen for a solid knock as opposed to a
- If a stud finder is simply outside of your budget, you can sometimes tell where a stud is by knocking on the the wall. A dense, muffled knock means there is a stud behind your knuckles, whereas a more hollow sound probably means no stud.
- 1/07/2010 · Studs/stringers (studs if there's a floor above the ceiling, stringers if there is an attic/roof) I have done construction and they are spaced every 16 inches in the US. Once you find out which way they are running then you can measure out from a wall.
- Follow our sleuth in Photos 1 – 8 to help deduce the hidden structure lurking behind your walls and learn how to find studs. Most of the ideas shown here not only work on drywalled surfaces but also in older homes finished with plaster and lath (where electronic stud finders tend to work poorly).
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Weetangera ACT, Throsby ACT, Blakney Creek ACT, Mckellar ACT, Jervis Bay ACT, ACT Australia 2692
- New South Wales: Wilcannia NSW, Yackandandah NSW, Palm Grove NSW, Mount Frome NSW, Harwood NSW, NSW Australia 2095
- Northern Territory: Kilgariff NT, The Narrows NT, Calvert NT, Harts Range NT, Rabbit Flat NT, Tanami NT, NT Australia 0822
- Queensland: Steiglitz QLD, Rangewood QLD, Musgrave QLD, Oakhurst QLD, QLD Australia 4096
- South Australia: Millswood SA, Tarpeena SA, Wistow SA, Annadale SA, McCracken SA, Ridgehaven SA, SA Australia 5059
- Tasmania: Merseylea TAS, Mount Nelson TAS, Hillcrest TAS, TAS Australia 7033
- Victoria: Nyrraby VIC, Roxburgh Park VIC, Heathcote Junction VIC, Haven VIC, Guildford VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Koongamia WA, Patjarr Community WA, Wicherina WA, WA Australia 6029
- British Columbia: Merritt BC, Burns Lake BC, Anmore BC, Queen Charlotte BC, Armstrong BC, BC Canada, V8W 1W6
- Yukon: Whitestone Village YT, Eagle Plains YT, Britannia Creek YT, Ten Mile YT, Frances Lake YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C5
- Alberta: Innisfail AB, Fairview AB, Carstairs AB, Warner AB, Gadsby AB, Red Deer AB, AB Canada, T5K 8J7
- Northwest Territories: Fort McPherson NT, Behchoko? NT, Colville Lake NT, Whati NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L8
- Saskatchewan: Avonlea SK, Cabri SK, Rouleau SK, Kinley SK, Kinistino SK, Grayson SK, SK Canada, S4P 1C2
- Manitoba: Virden MB, Rivers MB, Brandon MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P5
- Quebec: Metabetchouanâ€“Lac-a-la-Croix QC, Saint-Pamphile QC, Sorel-Tracy QC, Baie-Saint-Paul QC, Shawinigan QC, QC Canada, H2Y 1W8
- New Brunswick: Fredericton NB, Quispamsis NB, Perth-Andover NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H3
- Nova Scotia: Westville NS, Lockeport NS, Trenton NS, NS Canada, B3J 2S3
- Prince Edward Island: O'Leary PE, Valleyfield PE, North Shore PE, PE Canada, C1A 4N8
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Jackson's Arm NL, Winterland NL, Clarenville NL, Channel-Port aux Basques NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J8
- Ontario: Pinewood ON, French River ON, Newington ON, Broadbent, Elmwood, Grey County ON, Green River ON, Saginaw ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L2
- Nunavut: Southampton Island NU, Gjoa Haven NU, NU Canada, X0A 6H9
- England: Dudley ENG, Newcastle upon Tyne ENG, Eastbourne ENG, Rochdale ENG, Bebington ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 4A4
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 4H8
- Scotland: Dunfermline SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Glasgow SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B1
- Wales: Cardiff WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, Cardiff WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D8